- Read ALL ATTENDEES GUIDELINES available at https://im2021.ieee-im.org/virtual-event-instructions/all-attendees-guidelines.
- Read PRESENTER GUIDELINES available at https://im2021.ieee-im.org/virtual-event-instructions/presenter-guidelines.
- Connect to Whova and locate the session you chair.
- Click on “Live Stream: Join stream”
- You will be connected through Zoom Webinar which is a lecture-type meeting where a host and/or speaker(s) present a talk to an audience.
- During the webinar, attendees will not be able to share their video or activate their microphone. They are automatically muted and their video is disabled.
- We expect all speakers to give their talk live in the allotted time specified in the technical program, which has been put together considering the author’s respective time zones.
- Introduce the session, and then ask the attendees who are the presenters. Presenters can raise their hand in zoom or use chat to declare themself.
- Click on Participants in your Zoom host controls, and then manage the panelists and attendees in the session. This includes promoting attendee to panelists, demoting panelists to attendee, unmuting, stopping video, and more.
- Introduce the paper title and the list of authors.
- Introduce the speaker (Presenter) and his biography. Please make sure to have the presenters’ biography printed somewhere to introduce them timely before each presentation. Each Speaker is requested to update his biography which is available in the speaker profile on Whova.
- Track papers where authors did not appear to present their paper: such papers will be excluded from the final conference proceedings.
- In case of bad live video quality handoff on playback video.
- Take chat questions from the Zoom Q&A panel during the presentation.
- Read the questions to the presenting author during the Q&A period with absolutely no delay on the allocated Q&A time slots.
- Conclude the session and check attendance.
- Make sure the time is strictly adhered to and does not extend past the allocated time.
- Report any issues to general co-chairs or to zoom administrator
HOW TO JOIN THE SESSION
- An invitation email from Whova will be sent in the days before the conference. You will be provided with details on how to access Whova.
- Locate the session and join the live stream.
DURING THE SESSION
- Please join the session at least 10 minutes in advance, please test your microphone once joined so that the session can start on time.
- We recommend that you turn on your video to engage the attendees during the session introduction and questions. This can be done by selecting a video connection when joining a Zoom meeting.
- After introducing the session and the first presenter, we recommend you turn off the video so that the attendees can focus on the live talk.
- You can manage the attendee by clicking on the “View all attendees” link under the Participants panel.
- ZOOM WEBINAR BEST PRACTICES AND RESOURCES
- MANAGING PARTICIPANTS IN WEBINAR
- SHARING YOUR SCREEN
- SHARING COMPUTER SOUND DURING SCREEN SHARING
SESSION CHAIR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Q&A SESSION
- As organizers, we would like to ensure a smooth and productive virtual conference.
- During the live presentation, please keep track of the questions on the Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the Zoom window. View Managing Q&A During a Webinar.
- After the presentation, unmute yourself and ask orally the questions according to the FIFO time they were first submitted. If there are not many questions, feel free to ask some of your own.
- Sometimes the audience may need to clarify their question. In that case, it is upon the discretion of the Session Chair to unmute the attendee who placed the question to make clarifications.
- Please be mindful of the Q&A time limits! We cannot introduce delays on the predetermined slots of each session, it will push other sessions behind.
- After the presenter addressed a question, please indicate it is answered verbally.
- Please collect the unanswered questions to follow up.
Breaks are built-in to the schedule and run on IM2021 break room using gather.town. Invite all attendees to check the program and if needed to join the break. Before, make sure that all microphone are muted during the break.