- Paper Submission Deadline (extended):
September 20, 2020 October 04, 2020October 18, 2020 (Firm)
- Notification of Acceptance: December 10, 2020
- Camera-Ready Submission: January 29, 2021
The submissions should be done via JEMS.
Call For Experience Session Papers
The IFIP/IEEE IM 2021 symposium will include an Experience Session program. Experience Sessions will complement the Technical Sessions with contributions that emphasize practical experiences and lessons learned in applying, implementing, and deploying management technologies. They will focus on aspects such as real-world deployment scenarios, experiences with the management of new services and technology, industrial applications of management technologies, implementation examples of new management technologies, organizational impact, and business cases. Experience Sessions are particularly aimed at decision makers and experts from industry.
Topics of Interest
Specific topics include but are not limited to the ones listed below. Please refer also to the general Call for Papers.
- Management case studies and best practices
- Issues and experiences with practical deployments
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) and enabling technologies
- Internet and networking measurements tools and datasets
- Passive and active big data Internet measurement solutions
- SDN frameworks, OpenFlow deployments
- Orchestration for SDN controllers
- Development experience using P4
- Network function virtualization (NFV) implementations
- Data center automation
- Management of cloud, virtualized environments
- Cloud service assurance
- Internet of things, cyber-physical systems
- 5G networks and services
- Smart grids / cities / environments
- Big data analytics in management
- Cognitive networks, deep learning, IA
- Building automation and management
- Experiences with autonomic networking and self-management
- Industrial system automation and management
- Cyber-security and risk management
- Green management, energy and performance efficiency
- Managing interactive media, content-centric environments
- Social networking infrastructure and management
- Management of emerging networks and services
- Advances in standardization
- Management information models
- Management standards and enabling technologies
- Integration technologies for management
- Event correlation, diagnostics, fault, performance management
- Billing and accounting models and service level management
- Business alignment of IT service management
- Organizational aspects of IT service management
- OSS/BSS development
- Virtualization of operation centers and help desks
- Service engineering and operational challenges
- Experiences with call home frameworks
- Managed service provider issues
- Service delivery and service assurance
- Experiences with process engineering and frameworks (ITIL, eTOM, ONAP)
Submissions should be made using the JEMS conference submission system. Papers for the Experience Sessions must be written in English and adhere to one of the following two format options:
- Option 1: Annotated slides: Papers should have a visual in the upper half of a page and the explanatory text in the lower half. Paper submissions must not exceed 15 annotated visuals including title and references, in PDF only. Examples can be found here.
- Option 2: IEEE 2-column format: This is the same format as for Technical Sessions. Paper submissions must not exceed 6 pages, in PDF only. Examples can be found here.
The paper submission template is available on: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
Submitted papers may not be submitted for conference publication, journal publication, or be under review for any other conference or journal.
The papers accepted for publication in the Experience Sessions, and actually presented at the symposium by one of the authors (as per the IEEE no show policy), will be published in the official electronic proceedings of IM 2021 in IEEE Xplore.
For more information, please contact the experience session co-chairs at: email@example.com.
Experience Session Co-chairs
- Rémi Badonnel, Telecom Nancy - University of Lorraine, LORIA/INRIA, France
- Marc-Oliver Pahl, IMT Atlantique, France