The 17th IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM 2021) will take place on May 17-21, 2021 in Bordeaux, France. Held in odd-numbered years since 1989, IM 2021 follows the tradition of NOMS and IM as the primary IEEE Communications Society's forum for technical exchange on the management of information and communication technology focusing on research, development, integration, standards, service provisioning and user communities.
Tutorials are an integral part of the program of IFIP/IEEE IM 2021. They provide participants with broad and comprehensive overviews of emerging fields in management of information, networks and communication technology. Experts are invited to submit half-day (3 hours) tutorial proposals. Full-day (6 hours) tutorials as well as tutorials including hands-on-experience are also warmly welcome.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- SDN/NFV Development and Management Frameworks
- Data Plane Programming
- 5G Management
- Management of IoT
- Security Management approaches and platforms
- Open Source solutions for Network and Service Management Management
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Simulation Frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networks
- Blockchain Technologies for Network and Service Management
- Green communication management
- Managing cloud computing and services
- Management of programmable networks
- Tutorial Proposal Submission Deadline:
November 15, 2020.Extended to December 30.
- Notification of Acceptance: December 15, 2020
- Tutorial Material: March 31, 2021
If you are interested in presenting a tutorial at IM 2021 please fill in the Tutorial Proposal Form and send a PDF version of this form to the two Co-Chairs:
- Isabelle Chrisment, University of Lorraine, France (email@example.com)
- Carol Fung,Virginia Commonwealth University, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once accepted, a tutorial will be held provided that there is a minimum audience of 10 (full-day) and 5 (half-day) registrants for the tutorial. A stipend will be offered per tutorial (to be shared among speakers for a particular tutorial if more than one speaker presents the tutorial), as follows:
- 3-hour tutorial (half-day): $500 US or free conference registration;
- 6-hour tutorial (full-day): $1,000 US or ($500 + free registration).
As for most conferences, travel and other expenses are to be covered by the tutorial speakers themselves.
For further information, please contact the Tutorial Co-Chairs.